DIY Homemade (and Healthy) CBD x PB Dog Treats
Dog treats from the store can contain a whole lot of junk. CBD dog treats are no different. They can contain unhealthy ingredients, be confusing to dose, or contain too little (or too much) CBD. When giving your dog CBD, it’s best to be absolutely sure that the CBD is safe and pure.
That’s why we recommend making your own CBD-infused doggie treats using our Extra Strength Oil. Then you can feel confident that the treats are safe and know exactly how much CBD they contain. Our CBD oil comes with COA‘s which ensure our products are safe (many dog treats are sold without these COA’s!). Not to mention it’s a quick, easy and fun recipe that your dog will love. In fact, you might even be tempted to snack on these yourself (and by all means, go ahead!)
This recipe is healthier and cheaper than buying premade CBD doggie treats. Nuvamed recommends that you use this recipe or give your dog pure oil mixed into normal wet food (instead of buying premade treats).
Without further ado, here is our recipe!
CBD-infused Peanut Butter Dog Treats
(This recipe should produce 30-40 treats depending on the size you make them. The serving size, based on CBD dosing, is about 5 treats.)
- 70 mg (2 full droppers) of Nuvamed Extra Strength CBD Oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (like this or this)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Water (if necessary)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In an electric mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the CBD oil, pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined (about 2 minutes).
- Gradually add 2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. If the dough is too thick or sticky, add 1/4 cup of water. If the dough becomes too watery, add 1/4 cup of flour.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough several times until it comes together. Use a rolling pin and roll the dough to 1/4-inch thick layer. Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes/sizes (equivalent to approximately 2 1/2 inch wide circles – or bones!) and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, or about 15-25 minutes, depending on desired crispiness.
- Let the treats cool before letting your doggo enjoy!
As stated above, the serving size based on CBD dosing is about 5 treats. Each treat will contain approximately 2-3g of CBD (assuming you make 30-40 treats). Keep in mind that CBD is not harmful to your dog and there is no risk of toxicity or overdose. Snacking on too many will only result in a fantastic nap!
We hope you (and of course your dogs) love this recipe, and enjoy the delicious taste of the treats along with the amazing benefits of CBD. Please let us know if you have any tips or suggestions for improvement!
Thank you for reading! Knowledge is power, and learning is key to living a better life.
We hope you found this article helpful and learned something interesting. If you did, feel free to bookmark it and use the options below to share it with a friend!